About This Class
Have you always wanted to learn how to print onto paper or fabric? Want to customize greetings cards, home goods, wallpaper or textiles? Learn how to block print a pattern with your own custom stamp in this 2 hour class.
Nancy has been working as a pattern designer for six years. She studied Surface Pattern Design at university and since graduating she has designed repeating patterns for clients like Marks & Spencer, Tommy Hilfiger, Debenhams and Graham and Brown Wallpaper.
In this class, we'll start by talking through ideas and inspiration. You'll start with a simple design on paper, carve it to create a stamp, and finally print it onto a product of your choice such as greetings cards, tea towels or tote bags. Throughout each step textile designer Nancy Straughan will guide you through the block printing process so you can easily learn how to begin printing patterns.
What You Will Learn
- How to gather inspiration and create mood boards
- How to design and draw an effective pattern
- How to use professional lino cutting tools
- The proper skills to carve your own custom stamp
- Basic printmaking techniques that are easy to do at home
- How to stamp your design onto greetings cards, tea towels and a tote bag
- Take your stamp home with you to use on countless printing projects!
What to Bring
Absolutely nothing, just bring yourself!